Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Swimming

Yay, let's go swimming! Bleh. Darn scouts. Why is it so horrible to have a NON-boy-run troop???
Let's see, the phone tree still has some rough patches, but hopefully it'll work... maybe. I have to remind everyone that the troop is meeting at Tahoe Park to go swimming. A bunch of teenage boys going swimming... Discipline? Difficult. I'd be much happier if I was able to put some fear into those rowdy, irritating, little twerps, but of course, WE CAN'T. I bet the law is against it, and the church most definitely is. All I'm thinking is Woof. Not snap or bugger, this isn't one of those times. This is woof. Heaven forbid I get some mid level job. It's either so lame I'm bored at the thought of it, or it's so crazy I never get anything done. I am not a leader. I do not want to be the leader they want. I work by discipline, they do not. Both self and otherwise. If a troop cannot stop talking for five minutes, what iota of a hope do they have of accomplishing anything? Do they care about this? Why, no. No they don't. Never have, never will.

So that's life. Swell, no? I'm still waiting for the: "Pleasant satisfaction of seeing how your troop has progressed." Maybe that's for normal troops where they actually have red slips or green slips or whatever it was that warns people that if they keep acting up, they're out. As it is, our troop is apparently too minuscule to want to lose any scouts, no matter how much dead weight they are. Well, let me just say, our troop was ten times better when it was smaller.

Is all of the rant out? -goes to check- For the moment, it looks like it. So you get the idea of how I feel about this leadership thing. Oh well, at least there are a few boys to be counted on in this mess of a troop. -sighs- I feel depressed.

O/
(|
/|
Hubert
This is my little friend. He's a stick person, but he likes it better that way. He's waving. That means it's time to go. Bye! I have to do productive things and be angry and upset.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

I like Hubert.

Eat strawberry yogurt.

Do NOT drown your troubles today!

"Someday" you will be grateful for this leadership opportunity. You are going to be a fine leader.