Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Bleh

I'll be sure to mention the lack of communication this evening. Hmm, what to do? I could go into the hyperactive phase or the "If you don't care, why should I?" phase... I like the sound of the second one. It'd be reasonable. I'm not a one man army, nor the information hub of the world, so what am I supposed to do about it? Nobody else seems to care about the situation.

And once again, this topic has dwarfed my longing to type. Surprising? Hmph.

I should anyway, though. Maybe a short story with a good amount of death in it. It'd probably cheer me up. Maybe.

A wisp of smoke rose from the wreckage, fire resistance vehicles still out on the scene. None knew what had caused the sudden fire, but there was little remaining of the once cheery school. Thankfully, none were killed in the blaze, but there were some injuries...
A young paper reporter paused at the scene, his gaze locked on the gray remains of the school he himself had once attended. It didn't seem natural for him. What could have done this? The fire had only been active for a few moments before the whole building was in flames. And, unfortunately the response men were too late to save anything from the middle school. They still searched, however, half dreading what they might find.
A slight movement caught the eye of the reporter and he turned to see a boy staring at the ashes that seemed to dominate the scene. "What's going to happen now?" He asked in a quiet voice, looking slowly at the reporter.
"I don't know." He replied, knowing that it wasn't enough. "With luck, rebuild. But there will be meetings on that decision later, now you should go back to your family and try not to think about what happened here."
The boy was old enough to understand most of this and nodded slowly, taking a last look at the ghostlike building that seemed to hang over them. Slowly, he pulled himself away from the sight, turning toward home and leaving the reporter, once again, alone, save only for the groups of men and women attempting to discover the mysteries the school now held...

Hmm... Maybe not a short story, I have to go. I'll see about finishing this later.

No comments: