Monday, August 27, 2007

Oh yes, I forgot about that one...

There are four. One written in the English alphabet, like this, then two for writing plain syllables, then the last one for words. (one symbol for each word) Yeah, it's great.

Yeah, Friday and Saturday were Youth Conference. Very fun. I almost forgot howw stressful my life was. But then... POW! Hello life, you've got to decide the fate of the troop. Assigning positions, planning activities, "Delegating?" hmm, to who? Everyone that I'd trust are no doubt getting tired of it. I know I darn well am. I feel like I could knock the living daylights out of some of those boys. Zero discipline whatsoever. I have determined that I can trust NO ONE with some things. Such as bugler. Once again, Logan is the only one likely to be suitable for that. No one has any liking to getting up on time. Scribe? Librarian? Courter master? All those jobs and I've got two or three boys I can count on. There is absolutely no way I'm leaving some of these people as what they are. Except in the case of L, I think he's fine where he is as Den Chief. The man has some crazy power that he is not overwhelmed by annoyance. D I suppose could be librarian, for lack of any better ideas. bugler may be terminated as there are a shortage of boys, otherwise, double tasking. Wonderful. I. Need. A Patrol Leader's. Council. The SPL and Scoutmaster can do the patrol leaders, sure, but the WHOLE troop? Especially as the Scoutmaster has not given any viewpoint on the subject as of yet. It /sickens/ me. Hey, mother, can I move to Alaska? Please? If only for a few years. I do not enjoy my life. I'm beginning to wonder if I ever will again. Week after week. I'm tired of it. Seminary seems ages away. I need joy. There is supposed to be something happening from all of this. Some growing experience, but I feel nothing. I feel more like I'm sinking than anything else. How is someone supposed to grow while being drowned?

I'm sorry to inform you all that you'd do well to find another uplifting, cheerful blog to read, because I doubt I'll be able to play that role for quite some time.

2 comments:

Sariah said...

You don't have to go all the way to Alaska, just come here! :)

So, here's an uplifting thought. It's all about perspective. You can say, "I want to fulfill my calling but I can't count on these boys and they are driving me crazy!" OR You can say, "I can't count on these boys and they are driving me crazy, but I want to fultill my calling!"

Then maybe you'll stay sane enough to deal with them. Good luck!!!

David said...

Sounds like you need to find a way to lead the other boys into becoming reliable. Leadership isn't just about organizing people that are already capable of doing the job, it's also about helping others become more capable. Think about it from their perspective…what would make them want to contribute more to the troop?