Friday, August 3, 2007

Rating and comments...

Okay, here are the results...

Shows:
-Fantasmic****
It was good, the only thing is that we were in the wrong spot. There was a tree blocking part of it, you see. Anyway, I liked it though. Especially the fire. They burned the lake. ^^
-Electric parade (held after dark, lights on floats) ***
Decent. I was half asleep when we saw it though...
-Aladin*****
Quite excellent. Indoors air conditioning and a good performance. They made genie into a kind of... modern person. I don't know how to explain it.
-It's tough to be a bug****
Very good, not the show for people who need personal space. Or that don't like smelly gases coming towards you. You get stabbed in the back, have things crawl under your seat, while your in it, get sprayed with acid, and get hit by a stink bug. All in all, AWESOME.
-Muppets 3D****
Very good, 3D with chair affects. (no smell clouds though) Yeah, it was good.
-Honey I shrunk the audience***
It was okay, we almost got eaten by a snake.
-Disneyland: First 50 magical years****
Donald Duck and... What's his name... He was the guy from Cheaper by the Dozen." Anyway, they were battling over who was hosting the movie. Yeah, it was good. A little background of how it all got started, what changed and what not. It was good.
-Micky mouse cartoons***
Nice walk in room with a bunch of screens with cartoons on them. Also the last thing we saw before leaving.
-Parades (there was a good number of them)***
Nice, numerous, we never stayed around much while they were going by, but they were nice to look at. (shorter lines for rides *grin*)
-Innoventions**
I guess it was okay, I didn't like Tom Morrow that much. He's a robot, mayor of Tomorrowland I think. He calls it, "Meland." Yeah, not my favorite. The inside was nice. Lots of stuff to do.
-Disney Animation
-Turtle talk with Crush (I guess it was a show)*****
Off the chart AWESOME! It was definitely one of my favorite attractions there. Crush looked REAL. Complete with complete view and hearing of the room we were in. He knew what we said, he had expressions. It. Was. AMAZING
-Character close-up***
Good, a walk in room with original and modern sketches of characters.
-Sorcerer's workshop****
Very nice, Create animations, do voice-over for Disney scenes. lots of fun stuff.
-Disneyland Railroad (was it a ride? I'll put it under both...)***?
We were tired. I fell asleep once when it was going, so I'm not sure what all happened. Nice peaceful ride around the park close to midnight? I was just asking for it.
-Golden Dreams****
Nice show, great for watching during the day. (more air conditioning)
-Thunder Ranch**
In short, a petting zoo. The donkey seemed a little upset. I think that may have affected my view towards it. The cow was interesting. It moved it's ear on cue. *nods* I'm not sure how they found that out, though...
-Enchanted tiki room (not the enchanted trash can, lol)****
He he, very nice little singing room with birds. (Genie called Iago a Tikibird reject ^^) The extension above was from a staff member.

Rides:
-Splash Mountain*****
Excellent way to cool off!
-Thunder Mountain*****
Fun, fast. Perfect warm up for the bigger rides. And there's a little water so you can get wet! (you have to want to though, lean to the side)
-Space Mountain*****
Crazy awesomeness. *nods* Roller coaster in the dark!
-Buzz Lightyear*****
Arcade/ride Perfecto! My score went down every time I went on it... =( I'll have to show you pictures. ^^^ (LGM. lol)
-Pinocchio*
Um... Yeah
-California Screaming*****
UPSIDE DOWN! Much better without those motion sickness pills. And don't you close those eyes! Except to blink every now and then. It dries out your eyes and mouth. Fast, fun, great.
-Soaring*****
Nice views of California. plus, cool glider motions. We're flying.
-Tower of Terror*****
The. Coolest. Ride. EVER. Maybe... A few come close. You leave your seat on the freefalls! Thank you seat belts! I LOVED IT. We went on it alot while we were there.
-Car Trip Thing**
Okay, but it's a little jolty. Unlike other rides. It's not as fun, and it hurts. Especially for people with long legs...
-Orange Stinger**
I almost got sick. I kept looking at spinning objects...
-Sun wheel**
Again. Almost got sick. And it was a very long "15 minutes" in the sun.
-Matterhorn*****
Fun! Better when your seat belt works!
-Grizzly River Run*****
Water! Wonderful cooling water!
-Jungle Cruise****
Ah, such a relaxing boat ride
-Indiana Jones****
Bumpy, but not painful. *nods* I liked it.
-Pirates of the Caribbean****
A little water. Fun ride, lots of pirates.
-Haunted Mansion***
One of those scene kind of rides. I have a ghost or two that are supposed to be haunting me now. *shrugs* I've had worse.
-Disneyland Railroad***
My opinion hasn't changed, I can't remember much about it.
-It's a Small World*****
Bigger than I thought. The icon of Disneyland. We HAD to go in it. It was nice. We kept splashing each other. I'm not sure we were supposed to...
-Monsters Inc.***
Decent, another story ride.
-Canoes****
We actually got to paddle. I got wet though. I guess it was a good thing. The water was green though...
-Star Tours****
Very fun, do not take a tour of Endor with a newly programmed droid. you may end up trying not to die while rebels attack the Death Star...

Over all, our top ten are, in order of awesomeness:
-Turtle Talk with Crush
-Tower of Terror
-California Screaming
-Space Mountain
-Splash Mountain
-Grizzly River Run
-Buzz Lightyear
-Soarin'
-Aladin
-Matterhorn (Best at night, and with a seat belt)

And of Course, the fireworks were also good. ^^

2 comments:

motherof8 said...

wow!

If I ever get to go, I will have to consult you. I think I will pass on the Tower of Terror, however.

Sariah said...

Even Cadi went on Tower of Terror... of course, she has vowed NEVER to go on it again! lol I bet she will when she's a teenager though! ;)

I can never do the simulators or spinning rides. I can do any roller coaster though and I hope to get the chance to try California Screaming sometime! (That's the one that looks like Mickey Mouse's head, right, and the roller coaster goes around the large circle?) I also really want to see Turtle Talk!

You're seriously making me jealous! I SO want to go to a Disney park again!!! I'm glad you had so much fun!!! :)

P.S. Anyone who ever plans on going to Disney parks, check out www.mousesavers.com There are tons of tips on how to save money - like where the least expensive food carts are, how to get the most from your money, ways to make the swamp water you get from the drinking fountains to taste half-way decent (a real problem in Florida), etc. There were also other cool tips like where you could find A/C, when the best times were to go to different areas of the park, alternative places to watch fireworks from and still get a good show, etc. :)