Monday, January 7, 2008

01/07/08 Back to school, in with 'The Agenda'

Hello, er'body! How are all of you today? -glares at cat- Honestly, there are /NO/ cats here. Well, besides Atilla the Mouse Hun of Kitty Hen Spoiled Cat Face, but you two don't like each other. STOP MEOWING!

Almost lost my cool there...

Okays, so it's a new week. A nice one. Travis came today, but that will wait until later. First I must tell you about...

The Agenda: The saddening, yet true statement which takes away eleven hours and fifteen minutes of my life each weekday.

5:15 Seminary Prep
5:55 Family Prayer
6:15 Seminary
7:45 Breakfast
8:00 Daily subject
12:00 Lunch
12:30 Email and Blog
1:00 ALEX
2:00 Japanese
3:00 P.E.
4:00 Dog training
4:30 Freedom...

Yep, the life of a busy person.... Curses.

And of course, Seminary prep will include scripture reading, personal morning prayer, all that. Likewise, P.E. and dog training will intercept. (Dog walking)

So yeah, if I follow healthy sleeping patterns, I have to go to bed at 9:00... Four and a half hours... Oh, weekends. Sweet weekends. Why must they be so far away? (not that it makes a difference, they still bring work, although usually more physical)

Where is Jason Bourne in the equation???? I need my books. I need them so much. Runescape I'm fine with cutting back on, (an hour a day will more than suffice) but my/books/??? They are my life, my friends! How can I get through the day without leaving it now and then? I must use air pockets. Any free time I find. Also, music must be acquired. Notes must replace words, if only in part. Sound is less exclusive than sight.

E.S. (I know it's not that anymore):
Anywho, I got 87% on my test. It would be much better, but I accidentally added instead of multiplying. Also, there's a question I just can't get.

What is the factor of
3x(to the power of 3) -9x(to the power of 2) -12x

The two answers involved
x - 4
x - 1

I said x - 1, and I can't see how it would be otherwise. How, after all, do you get 4 out of 9 or 3?

Other than that, it went fine. Very good.

Okay, so I'll just post the poll results....

If you could be anything in the world, what would you be?
Animal 2/3
Vegetable
Mineral
Other 1/3

Am I the only person who wants to be a waterfall?

So I'll just update everything else and eat something unhealthy. Bye!

4 comments:

David said...

Our day starts just as early. Teresa and I both have classes at 7am (except Friday - Teresa works at 7am and I start classes at 8). Teresa will be at work until 5:30 (leaving for a class on Monday & Wednesday during the day). On Tuesday an Thursday nights Teresa has a class 6-8pm. All my classes are done by 6, except Institute (Wednesday 6:30-8 pm). I have a 3 hour break for study & lunch from 11-2 Monday - Thursday. I'm trying to change my schedule so that I have 8-2 available Monday & Wednesday so I can take Teresa to work and get the laundry done in time to take her back to her classes. The change will make me stay in classes until 6 instead of 3 on Monday and I'll only have a 1 hour break on Friday 8am-6pm. Isn't school fun! Good luck!

David said...

The standard way to show powers is with the ^ symbol. So the problem is:

What are the factors of:
3x^3 - 9x^2 - 12x

First I factor out 3x:
= 3x (x^2 - 3x - 4)

Then I factor (x^2 - 3x -4):
= 3x (x + 1) (x - 4)

The factors are 3x, (x + 1), and (x - 4).

Sariah said...

Oh my goodness, it has been so long since I've taken Algebra. But David's work actually almost made sense! I remember that I used to know that! lol I couldn't do it quite on my own anymore though. :S

Anonymous said...

I knew we could count on David for the algebra.

"In real life, I assure you, there is no such thing as algebra."
Fran Lebowitz

My schedule almost makes me want to cry. I have to not think about it too much and count my blessings.

Thanks for the dog training.