Tuesday, December 4, 2007

12/04/07 Alias


Sorry, just thought I'd post it again. I do like looking at it. I think I'll try making one of my own some day...

Spoiler warning. Once the text turns back to normal, it'll be okay for those you are sensitive about me talking about Digital Fortress. (Just highlight the text and it'll be fine.)

Alrighty! So I finished it yester- today at 12:07 this morning. I forgot to turn on my alarm clock... It was a good book. A few places that I felt the need to skip due to some unpleasant events, but I liked the plot. Basically, Ensei Tankado starts working for the NSA (National Security Agency) and eventually hears that they're planning to make a code breaking machine to make them able to read people's E-mails. He doesn't like it. So, he naturally spills the secret. The people ruin his credibility and he begins work on Digital Fortress.

Now, I could go through the whole story, but I'll just go over the basics. He wrote Digital Fortress and posted it on his website, letting people download it. The only problem was, it appeared to be encrypted with itself. The Algorithm for an unbreakable code, locked by itself. Naturally, the NSA want to have a look at it. Now, Tankado had said he was having an auction and that he would announce the winner at a specific time unless the NSA revealed TRANSLTR (the machine). Unfortunately, he was killed, messing up everybody's plans. To make a long story short-ish. Digital Fortress was merely a virus which would infect the NSA's data banks unless they revealed TRANSLTR, at which point Tankado would give them a code which would shut the virus down. The whole thing is a fast-paced thriller thing that never seemed to let you know what the feel solution was until the end. In sort, pretty interesting. (Plus very nice for getting yourself interested in codes.)



Okay, it's all clear now.

Back to business...

PP stands for Pumpkin Pie, which in turn is an alias for one of TB's friends. (The one he was dating online despite the fact that she's thousands of miles away and was several years younger than him. -four-) So yeah, I wasn't pleased that he found that that was something he should refrain from telling his parents until his younger brother caught wind and ratted him out, at which point he said they had settled it and that they were "just friends". Suspicious?

Once again. Boys... -shakes head-

Now, if it were someone we knew, who lived a little closer, who was closer to the same age, who perhaps shared some of his beliefs, maybe that would be better. I mean, he should be social, but not like /that/. Not when you're just a teenager. Long-distance relationships aren't all that stable when we're talking about teenagers. And them being completely different in age does not help.

I'll start talking about my life again tomorrow. I've ranted enough, I should think. I adjourn to my studies. -bows and vanishes in a puff of virtual smoke-

3 comments:

debi said...

I guess I really can't say much about.. dating.. online... or age... lol

Sariah said...

Debi: ROFL, I was totally thinking of you! lol

debi said...

Eh, I can admit it. :)