Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wards...

Yep, everything is crazy now. We'll be meeting at the stake center instead of our building. -sigh- We kept most of our people though. I like the stairs in our building. The others don't have any. One floor. One. Boring. Floor. Oh well. That also means no cry room. Plus the building will be more busy. Stake center. I like the little red brick building. And Seminary. So yeah, I won't say much about mom's comment. It's just different.


I have nothing to say, now... I should go again. I have school. Yay. Bye, guys.

2 comments:

motherof8 said...

Some single story buildings have cry rooms to the side of the chapel. Some have windows so the parents can see into the chapel with curtains for if they want privacy. It seems that the church has moved away from having cry rooms. Too many teenagers in them? Also, they want us to teach our children to stay in the chapel. We are supposed to give them time-outs in a boring classroom if they don't behave in meeting.

Our "littel red brick building" is one of the larger buildings, I think. It was once a Stake Center, too. I love it. My knees won't miss the stairs, though.

I am looking forward to getting to know our new ward!

David said...

Although it did serve as a Stake Center for the Sacramento Stake for several years, it was not originally intended as a stake center. In the mid '80s it was remodeled to add Stake Offices and a Baptismal Font (as the stake had no building with such facilities - the Font at the 11 Ave chapel was not functional). In the early '90s the stake boundaries were changed and it was no longer needed as a stake center. It is a rather large building for a meetinghouse by today's standards (particularly the cultural hall and stage).