Thursday, September 20, 2007

Change, whiplash, and time.

First off, I forgot to mention that scouts went sort of okay, this Tuesday. We played blob tag. It took a while for everyone to get the hang of moving as a group, but in the end it was pretty nice. Bro S had the idea to use the whip affect to make the end of the line out pace anyone on the court. Affective. Very affective. You just have to watch out if you're on the end. LONG strides and firm grip. Otherwise you might crash or start flying away. We tried to avoid that. Really fun, though, I think they enjoyed themselves. Once again, only one minor injury. Yeah...

Time. I want it.

Change in myself isn't what I'm worried about. I want it. But what I don't want is change in the organizations I've been getting so used to over the years. After all, Troop Anonymous has always been around. Just like Mister Bishop. Those two aren't meant to change. Why should they? What good comes from it? -grumbles- I don't like this. Why do I suddenly see the dangerous spot of my position as a sad thing? It's not like it's fun. Just... fulfilling. I can find a hobby, can't I? I dunno.

I like the wind and sails quote, but I'd still like the wind to stay the same. I just thought of something. Now we're going to have another few months of introductions... Lately, Sunday School has found a liking of introductions. It died down a little, I guess. Not as much of it as a month ago, but it's still been happening quite a bit. -nods-

-sighs- I think I might go crazy this Saturday. It will be the last ward function before the change. The farewells and all that. I don't act crazy in front of people much. It's always been more personal. I should give it a try. The mellow side of me is nice, but not right for this sort of thing. Anyway, I'm late. I must be off.

Bye everybody!

1 comment:

Sariah said...

I know you don't like comments to continue on another post after you've posted a new one... good thing the topic is still somewhat the same, that way my comment will still apply. ;)

So, just out of curiousity... is The Bro the same seminary teacher that I'm thinking of? Because if he is, I had him... I liked being in his class but I also really liked other seminary teachers I had too... there really are LOTS of GREAT seminary teachers. Man, we have some phenominal ones here... too bad your boundary changes won't put you in my ward! lol

And here's another quote that relates not so much to change but to our choice of how we will respond to the situations (sometimes undesired) we are in...

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

(emphasis added) :)

You say you don't mind change in yourself... Maybe this change that you don't want to see happen will cause YOU to change, to grow - in ways you never would be able to if the change doesn't happen? Trust the Lord, He really is the one in control, even when it seems that "men" are the ones making the calls. You'll see, it will work out for the best and you will later find yourself very grateful for this change.

:) Love ya!