Monday, September 17, 2007

The Void

The darkness creeping in around you, the end and beginning of thought. The world that cannot be entered, save by those that fall. Clouds of blankness, unwritten. Yet at the faintest image, they expand, forming a vision more sharp and clear than sight itself. And upon awakening, you feel as though they were a long way off. Dreams.

Okay, that was odd. Gotta be one of those stories where some person is seeing things in their dreams, but here, they don't remember them. An interesting thing, though. They sleep walk. one day they find a clue to a dream they had a few days before. They remember that there was some danger, something that only they could stop, because only they would know. -makes note and adds idea to the Asylum to do list-

Fear the pasta!

Okay, so one of these days I'm going to have to write these things. No short shorts. Actual stories. More work, though. Not something you do just off the bat in half an hour. Maybe some weekly story. It'd be nice, maybe I'll have ratings on how tense it is. (you know my stories will be tense) I wonder if any of them should have romance. I never liked those sorts of books, but I suppose it'd play a part in plots. I mean, it complicates things when you have a crush on someone you were hired to kill. Kind of stupid, though. Who would be thinking about asking someone out when your world is blowing up? (you can tell these things won't be romance novels) I guess one of the characters could be married. Nah, I like the idea of destruction better. Less mushy.

So yeah, I'll start on a few drafts.

Um, the court of Honor for Andrew was okay, I did a lousy job on a talk. Improv, I hate it. So yeah, leftover cake for several weeks. The cheese-its (sp?) went fast, though. I have to run, see you guys tomorrow!

PS: Should I post drafts here or wait until I have the full stories? Installments, maybe?

How could I forget? I predicted it! Sort of. Every week we get a new person. Yep, C just joined us, though we lost a few. It was C, L, Ri, J, and me. Five people!

3 comments:

motherof8 said...

Go ahead, post drafts.

You did not do a lousy job. People seemed to enjoy it. Did you not hear the laughter?

I don't expect the cake to last for weeks, not with you guys around.

Anonymous said...

re: "I never liked those sorts of books"
What about the reading club's run of Nicholas Sparks books?

You should do your stories however you want to. Although, I think installments would be good for a tense story. Then you could keep us on the edge of our seats wondering what is going to happen.

I will be looking forward to the stories.

motherof8 said...

Ben got tricked into Nicholas Sparks when we read (I forgot the title, maybe Travels with my Brother) about Nicholas and his brother traveling together, childhood memories, relationship development. Much more interesting than I make it sound! Ben enjoyed that so much that we read some of NS's novels. Ben enjoyed the first one or two, but after a while began to hanker for more adventure. Although, I think that one Nicholas Sparks "romantic novel" was also a suspense novel which he appreciated.