Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tell me about it

I think the poster is all figured out now, I just need to see about the talk. I really don't think they want to see me go up with a big old stack of papers. One is bad enough. I'll have to wait and see. I probably won't flunk if I mess up. Hmm, what is there to write about? Um, Apparently nothing. I could ruin the rest of all of your days and stop now, but that would be so selfish of me. Instead, I'm going to tell you a story about a woodpecker- THAT'S IT! I just remembered, yesterday we had a service project and helped someone move some stuff out of a storage unit. Okay... Back to the woodpecker.

Once upon a time, there lived a small woodpecker in a bright forest glade. As always, he went about finding food, pecking into the trees for the bugs which lay just inside. This day, however, was not as fortunate as others, for the bark seemed harder than usual. Indeed, the woodpecker went on and after a few moments was stuck on the tree. Was this the worst of his problems? No. The bright forest glade also had the eyes of others. But for them, it was lumber. The woodpecker heard the trunk of the tree cut slowly away and soon the tree was falling with him as well. Fortunately he was on the side that landed upright, but unfortunately the tree was soon loaded up and on its way back to the city to be processed in the sawmill. By the time the woodpecker freed its beak from the bark, he was already in the city. This, oddly enough did not seem to concern the woodpecker. It still had trees, a bit strange looking trees, but trees. He flew up to once of the skyscrapers and started pecking. Sadly, these "trees" did not have any bugs to eat and the woodpecker died. The End.

The moral of the story: Don't be a woodpecker.

2 comments:

motherof8 said...

What a sad story! mildly creative, but sad.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I liked it until the skyscraper part.
I thought that he was going to try a telephone pole.
That's not a moral. If you had said to keep your beak sharp, maybe that would be a moral, but not "don't be a woodpecker".
Other than that, I liked it.