Thursday, October 16, 2008

10/16/08 Stretched resources

Trying to be a difficult teenager? Perhaps. I've seen what happens when you're TOO responsible. You get heart attacks. No thank you. I'd much rather keep to my falsified aggression.

... It's been a while... Then again, I've been busy. This week...

I've got to:
Prepare a sacrament meeting talk
Prepare the priesthood lesson
Have November's calender ready for BYC
Plan the stake mutual activity
Get packed for an overnighter
Help clean the church
Get ready for the ES (done)
Get over the annoyance that whenever I plan an activity and have it somewhat detailed, it gets rejected the Sunday before hand... (done)

Chores, Schoolwork, Eternal progression, not to mention all of my bigger projects... Life stinks. Like old Marshmallows. At first they seem nice, but then you realize they're only good for firestarter. -_-

This being the irksome and stressful case, I'm going to go now.

PS: List above being a prime example of why I might not wish to be seen as overly responsible.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Yes, it sometimes seems that those who do little or nothing get away with it. Not only that, but there is major celebration when they do the littlest thing. Meanwhile the responsible one keeps on keeping on without rest,reward or recognition. So, it sometimes seems.

However, whether or not you are rewarded here, recording angels will not let you go unrewarded forever. Many mere mortals do notice your good character even though they seldom say something.

It is OK to sometimes say, I have too much on my plate right now, ask me another time. It is ok to delegate some things - although then you have the stress of hoping the assignee follows through!

You have joined the struggle for balance that so many of us have. I wish I could promise that it gets better. It probably does for many, but I have yet to master it.

I am proud of you.