Wednesday, October 8, 2008

10/08/08 Assistant Chalkboard Manager

-shrugs- It seems like that's what I am. -shrugs- Academic Vice doesn't seem to do much. Yet.
At least I got to play with the chalkboard today, though. Scorekeeper for tick-tac-know. Took me a while to figure out that it wasn't no. It was know. That makes all the difference.

Anywho, I'm not questioning the whole devoted to the gospel thing, I just want to find a way to make it subconscious. You know, like how you burst out laughing when you hear something funny. ...Bad example. I understand it isn't supposed to be easy, but there are some habits you can form by repeated action. Why not something like this? I know, I know. Just keeping doing it and it will. Maybe, but it seems like an awfully long process. I wanna find the switch in my head that works with stuff like that. There are triggers for thought and emotion. Why not habit?

-yawns- Mr. Stull. (Even that sounds weird....) Is coming next Tuesday. I've got to... Um. Plan for that. I also really need to check out the corn maze and the stake mutual. And get a three month calendar back... And think about Christmas and half a dozen other odd things. -pounds head into wall- I'll be thankful when I join Priests Quorum... I might not have a position of responsibility, then... Then I'll just have everything else in life... Goody. I have to make phone calls about YM/YW tonight. I think it's canceled. My quorum should probably get a memo about that... So they don't... um... show up.

Yeah... I don't feel happy. I mean, I feel a little happy, but I've got some work to do...

1 comment:

Sariah said...

The definition of the word "habit" is: an acquired behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary.

That is how you make it subconsious. You make the consious decision, you make the consious decision, you make the consious decision... and then one day, you realize you made the decision subconsiously. It may be tomorrow, it may be next month, it may be in ten years... that's just the way it is. It can be a long process. Sometimes it is shorter. But remember, the growth is in the process.

And... Patience is a virtue. ;)