Thursday, February 28, 2008

02/28/08 Organization

I find more and more that while I am messy, I tend to be organized. It's like I'm addicted to rearranging things. Still, I think I like how a new system for Japanese is working out. Well, actually two.

First, I've just started jotting down the vocabulary info on index cards and categorizing them. So I now have copies based on alphabetical order, chronological order of when I learned them, and the closest category they fall under. Yay?

The second was merely dividing the hours you see, I'm thinking about doing forty-five minutes for the three days I'm doing the other subjects, then one and a half hours on the other two days to even it out. This will likely be the schedule for PE too.

So, pretty much crazy.

I need sleep. I have a book due in thirteen days that I've never found time to read, an ES coming, High School exit exams the same day the book is due, Christmas ideas to work out, and then there's scouts, and chores, and scripture masteries, and who knows what else?

-thud- Even music and strawberries are beginning to lose their affect. I mean, they help, but it's just a little overwhelming. Scripture reading and prayer? A possibility, but I already do a little and my day is already crammed full for a while... Yeah, I know. Gospel first... And the Gospel says you shouldn't undersleep. -thud-

PS: That last thud assumed the place of a farewell. -nods-

2 comments:

Sariah said...

That is a lot to think about and work on! Though, I think you've got time for the Christmas project. lol

If you do your prayers and scripture study first you'll find that you are able to manage the rest of your time better so that you can do everything else that you need to. :)

Anonymous said...

Ben, I admire your organization and ambition. But don't be too hard on yourself. You are a really great guy and I am proud of you.

Saraiah, I'm with Ben on thinking that we need to get going on the Christmas projects. Time evaporates quickly. IF our recipient is one of the out-of-towners, the project needs to be done before Novemember. Our time is already 20% gone. I have been thinking about what to do, but so far....

Sariah is probably right about the scripture reading and prayer thing. Even though you do family scripture and Seminary. But, don't you think scripture memorization time counts?

Otherwise, remember the advice I heard from a wise speaker - read your scriptures at least 15 seconds a day. He figured if you don't overwhelm yourself with a huge commitment you are more likely to do it. If you open your scriptures and read for 15 seconds, you just might want to read more.

Ben, you are doing great! So set goals, but don't judge yourself harshly.

love you