Saturday, July 25, 2009

07/25/09 Belated...

So, I couldn't get on the computer yesterday, but it was a very successful day, so I don't mind.
Yesterday, Mom and I went to go pick up Tuffy (we're dog sitting this week). After that, I spent most of the day on a three pronged attack on the house. I had cleaned an area in the garage for storage, but I didn't even need to use it. So, after the garage was clear, I would have been able to clean out the closet in the office, with which space I planned to store some memorabilia stuff. So, the pictures and scrapbooks and what all was there was moved out of the family room, leaving a space I would utilize by moving the sewing machine. After cleaning out the area by the sewing machine, I hoped to move the dresser-things (also in the family room) into the dining room. That was the plan, and it worked perfectly. XD To make a long story short, I have all but completely annihilated the mountain that once inhabited the family room. Yay! So, the boxes of pictures and things are gone, the dresser-things have a home, and the sewing machine has been moved to a more beneficial place. The best part is that we now have TONS of open space, both in the dining room and in the family room. I'm very happy. Plus, there's some room in the garage that I didn't get to using. Some future project just got that much easier? ^^ I wonder when I'll get started on that...

But for now, I've just got to hone out some spots in the family room and start in the office.

But that's only part of it!

After cleaning house, I read a bit, then got ready for the Youth Temple Trip.
Doing baptisms for the dead is always a meaningful experience, but really I just love the time you have to reflect. On what you're doing for those on the other side, and on just life in general. I liked it.
On the way home, I was in a car with Brother McCord, Brother Kenealey, Brock, and Anthony. Brock and Anthony are from Brighton Ward. Anyway, for some reason, Brother Kenealey was holding a rubber band out the window on the freeway. Maybe he was going to shoot it? Anyway, it made a funny noise, so he decided to try holding his harmonica out the window. (How cool is that? He had a harmonica. XD) Then, he started playing it by covering part of it with his fingers. Not the most clear, perhaps, but it was pretty cool. XD Good times...

So, all in all, a pretty cool day.

As for today, we'll be going to Esther's Alice in Wonderland Birthday Party (Happy Birthday!), then we might be going to a ward party. Not sure. Anyway, should be very fun. Maybe I'll read, work on scouts, or clean house. They seem to be my top three activities these last few days. Or wasting time on the computer. That happens, too.

So, without further adieu, I'll get right to that. See ya!

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Sorry about hogging the computer. ; )

You are a good worker!