Thursday, July 23, 2009

07/23/09 The game losing catch. XD

Sometimes, when you can't make the game-winning hit, it's good consolation to be able to make the game losing catch. It's called a fumble. And when they need one more run and they've got a runner on third. Two outs. Dropping the ball isn't an option. Or, at least, if you want to win. For a wiffleball game, though, last night's activity was pretty intense. First, neither teams are scoring much, then the other team gets a ten or fifteen run lead; then we catch up in a single inning, pass them, only to lose because the ball slipped through my hands. -sighs- All my dreams are gone. XD After that, we had soft pretzels. They were good, but I wasn't sure if I was going to eat one. Luckily, they were small, and didn't have the salt on them, so I decided I'd risk having one. It was good, and mom didn't seem to notice, so until she reads this, I think I'm safe.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing this is because I've been writing to Andrew and he keeps requesting blog posts. At first, I thought he just wanted /something/ from me, but I've been sending multiple page letters every week since then, so maybe he's after the witty and spiritually uplifting words which sprout with such irregularity here at the Asylum. I dunno. It may be that my letters are too dull. Should the monkeys move to Canada? Needless to say, no letter could henceforth be considered dull after such an event. Still, translators are such a hassle these days. It never makes sense when you switch the selection back to english...

So, here I am, on an epic quest, to come up with something to write about. Quite frankly, though, I'm not sure what the difference is. Coping something over to a letter, when said copied things would probably have been covered beforehand... Not to mention my blog posts don't make nearly as much sense... I'm so confused sometimes. May be I should write a bunch of fiction about myself, like saying I'm thinking about joining the swim team, or that I had a dream I was a rabid humming bird, determined to conquer the world.
I could write book reviews, but that's so much work, you know? And then I'd actually have to find books regularly, instead of following my slow, but relaxing search for enjoyable literature. Goodness, there seems to be no end to the dilemma. Unless, of course, I write to Andrew, and keep a blog, and then simply send both to both– with minor editing, of course. But you get what I mean. That would accomplish the same amount of work for only twice the effort! Wait...

So... What do I write, who do I send it to, and when do I write it? These questions make little sense to me. Then again, I'm mostly stalling right now and not really thinking about what I'm saying, so what surprise is that?

Alas, I fear I have but one thing to say... I'm going to be a monk, now. With a trenchcoat. That's important. No more of this confusion. Nephi never had this problem. He had his two plates, but they were for two different things. If letters, journals, and blogs, all have the same thing to say, you're repeating yourself over and over again... At least the scripture notes are simple. Outline and insight– That's it!

Listing the week's events and you're responses and opinions to them, keeping in mind the audience to whom you are addressing– it's simply too much. You write about the same thing, but you have to rephrase it each time. You may as well start fresh...



So... uh. Not sure how this'll work out... but I also realized that snail-mail is too slow. I gotta send e-mails or something, but they're too long to read at a computer screen. A brief summary? Now you're writing it four times... Writing what you did in a given day, knowing that you're going to be writing it four times, four different ways, is a little daunting. This being said... I think I'm going to go... uh... write a letter?

PS: Just out of curiosity, what am I writing this for? If the blog is for everybody else, letters are just blogs with personal notes thrown in, and journals are for your personal insights, feelings, and what not, would it not make sense to start with the blog, hack it to pieces, and distribute it to all the other factions? At which point, the scripture study would pick up the randomly felt stuff during the day, which doesn't relate much to any given event.

So, if I understand what I just came up with...
Blogs: Raw data. What you did, what you thought, maybe a fancy story at the end.
Letters: Raw data + personal notes.
Journals: Your reaction to raw data.
Scripture study/ Testimony journal: Thoughts, feelings, promptings, and all that good stuff.

So, the last one has nothing to do with the other stuff, although you might have an experience which can be written in it which will also be in the others.
But the blog goes first, and promptly explodes. Right? That makes sense? I dunno, but I'll figure that out later. I have to study Mount Rushmore. Or some other monument, given I find something else I like better. Later today, I might post again, bearing in mind what I just rambled about. I also decided I'm not going to post in the morning-midday. If this system is going to work, my best bet'll be around five. Most of the day will be gone, so I'll know whether or not I have something to write about or not, and I might have an idea of what's happening later in the evening. I'll probably try to add reviews the next day about what /actually/ happened.

Complicated... Too complicated... -thud-

2 comments:

Sariah said...

For some reason, after reading that I feel dizzy now. lol

Mom said...

I love your blogs.
Even though I do get a bit lost here and there.