Thursday, July 23, 2009

07/23/09 It's Thursday?

The familiar call of "It's Thursday!" is no more. As of today, the garbage and recycling pickup changes to Thursday. I'm not sure if "It's Wednesday!" will catch on, though.
Anyway, I forgot to mention something nice that happened yesterday. So, somehow or another, Mom's saddlebag came off her bike while she was riding home from work. Once she got home and found out about it, she and I went out looking for it before mutual. We drove to her work and back, but he didn't see it, and it kind of wasn't looking great. So, she dropped me off at the church, and went out again with Joe. While they were looking, a lady came by who had found our address on a note to our neighbor, which was in the saddlebag. Anyway, she came by and we weren't here, but then she came by again after Mom and Joe got back. Mom was very happy. So, things worked out well and Mom got to make a new friend. Yay.

Anyway, today went fairly well. I worked a little with scouts, read a book I got from the library yesterday. It's one that Miriam had read, called "The Goose Girl". Odd name, but it's pretty well written, and I really like it's original magic system. When the world was created, everything spoke with each other. Over time, though, some of those languages were lost. However, there are still some who can speak them. Some people can talk to other people, easily capturing the attention of others and making them more inclined to see their point of view. Then there are those that can talk with animals, although different animals may not speak the same and it may take time to determine the various ways in which they communicate. And lastly, there are those who can talk to nature. And it talks back, sometimes. They can't control it, exactly, it's more like suggesting that it do something, which it usually does. Anyway, I thought it sounded cool.

So, I'll have something to read now. That's nice. I like the name of the next book, though. Enna Burning. Fire manipulation? Sounds fun... XD

-sighs- I can't really think of anything else. I pulled some weeds today. That was fun. There was this weird plant with these little ball things where the flowers should be. And they each had a spike in the middle. Kind of hard to explain, but they didn't look like buds. I don't know. I was a little wary of touching it at first. I'll probably die now. At least then I won't have to worry about what to write.

I guess I'll leave it at this. Maybe I'll read some more. Reading is good. And I gotta say. Rationing the last book was a horrible idea, even if it /did/ prolong the reading material a couple more days. Yeah. So, I gotta go.

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Yay for good, honest, helpful people. I'm glad Mom got her stuff back. :)

"I'll probably die now"... lol