Thursday, September 25, 2008

09/25/08 Strange blessings.

It's strange... When the wards split and got reorganized, it struck me that I somewhat missed the feeling of having to look out for old troop 40. There was a whole troop of boys I had responsibility for and, even though it was burdening at the time, I enjoyed it. Of course, now it's only one quorum, but it also seems more individual now. Before, I watched over a group. Now, I find myself watching over individuals, seeing resources coming into play right when they're needed. I'm seeing the dire needs of action, and it almost feels natural to take that action. I've never really felt that before. Plus, as my focus is centering, I'm catching sight of my own weaknesses, learning the things I have to do to help myself, and later, those around me. It's more than the feeling of progression, or even service... I don't know how to describe it.

Last night was the stake activity. ^^ For the teachers, we had an ever-exciting game of Basketball (Malan style. XD). After that, we had our little service project lunch-making thing. Two minutes under the last go. -nods-

It's an odd feeling, trying to understand and help a rebellious teenager. It makes me a little uneasy about parenthood, although I imagine I'll be a good deal more prepared when I finally get to that point, seeing as I currently am such a teenager myself. I guess I'll leave it to mom to decide how rebellious I am, but I'm definitely a teenager. Anyway, teenagers, unfortunately, seem to have this way of brushing things off, so I have to make sure my first blow is well-placed. I just hate thinking that by waiting too long, their resentful feelings towards all that is good in the world will have time to grow. It'll definitely be tricky. -grumble grumble-

In brighter news! Fall is here (officially), and I have a book at the library! -resists urge to bolt- I must go soon. Rather soon. Like, way...

Great to see all of you again... I uh... gotta go. -runs off-

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Are you sure you're still a teenager? Your thoughts are very mature and eloquent.

Jake, it is awesome to see your personal testimony and relationship with the spirit strengthen and grow. It is, and will be, the most important part of your life and who you are. Continue to cultivate it, continue serving, continue seeking to have the spirit with you.

You are doing good things with your life right now and when I read your posts, like this one, it makes me excited to see what great things you will be doing in the gospel later in your life.

:)