Monday, May 19, 2008

5/19/08 That stank...

I realized why I never play chess against computers. Apparently this one was one of those special ones that only have one setting. I beat it, though. It just took five games. It uses a combination of knights and the queen for offense, utilizing bishops and pawns for backup and using the rooks as defense. I figured out that the only way to win was to get a knight to the point where it had to sacrifice its queen to move the king out of the range of the knight. Still hard, but easier than trying to rush in and kill everything.

So anyway, I'm doing okay. We might be going on a improv roadtrip to Yosemite, so that's... nice. Right when /everyone/ is going to be there, but that's understandable. I'm just happy it's going to have a high of seventies. -relief- Triple digits should go to the /really/ hot place, be humbled, repent, and come back as pleasant forty degree weather. -nods- That would be dear and charming.

I'm going to try something new, today.

This is one of my roleplaying characters, Couramo, son of Matthias. He's erm... dead, but I figured it be nice to say hi, anyway. He /was/ a journeyman blacksmith, but then his village was attacked and he was one of the people sent to go get help. It worked, but he tried to go after a dark wizard alone and got himself killed. Then everyone got together and killed the wizard. So nobody's really happy, but it's good for the plot. Couramo had responsibility issues. He took on too much and thought that he needed to do everything. He mainly started feeling this way because he was performing an errand in another city and knew that there was an army coming, but couldn't get back in time to warn anyone. After that, he had a guilty conscience because one of his closest friends died in the raid. So, from then on, he always wanted to do things himself so other people wouldn't get hurt. Ironic, seeing as that only made things worse, but he was getting a little insane by the time he went after the evil guy.

So anyway, my roleplaying partner was a little surprised. You see, people don't usually kill off their primary character in a story, especially with such a disappointing ending. -shrugs- Even when they killed the dark wizard and ended the war, the place still had problems, but that's a bit more complicated. I suppose I should've picked a better character to talk about... Matthias was pretty good, maybe I'll talk about him next.

So, that's it. I hope you enjoyed it. Sort of. Bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm a little behind in reading and I'm trying to catch up.
I hope you warn the people you play with that you are going for a good story and that you are just out to win.

Anonymous said...

oops. that was supposed to say NOT just out to win.