Monday, March 24, 2008

03/24/08 Am I really this dumb?

Who in their right mind would hike eighteen miles in the hills when Brother Adair says that it's "a good workout"? It's official, I'm insane. I've never run out of water in my water pack before. Come close, yes, but never completely drained. I ended up drinking four and a half liters of water in nine and a half hours. Oh well, at least my feet are starting to forgive me. They didn't want to trust me for a while.

Anywho, spring break was good. Did some catching up on Lost, went on a nice campout (once you get over the tired thing), worked on a few scripture masteries, all that good stuff.

Oh yes, Lost is good. I was able to get up to season three, but I've still got a little further to go. Uh... I think I might stop early-ish today. I've got to do some ALEKS and Japanese and it's getting late. -waves-

2 comments:

David said...

Was that 18 miles in one day? That's quite a bit of hiking especially if you're not used to it.

Sariah said...

Hey, it builds character! ;)

I wouldn't do too well on an 18 miler either. I think the hardest hike I've been on was Mt. Monadnock (in New Hampshire), it was a butt kicker! But I don't know how long it was. I just remember that a large portion of it went STRAIGHT up the mountain. And then when I thought we had reached the top, I found that it went on further!