Wednesday, August 19, 2009

08/19/09 Haywire...

So, I would've posted yesterday, but the computer went crazy on me and I couldn't log into my google account. Anyway, the whole password manager thing can make things difficult sometimes, especially when you made a grammatical error with the password itself. You see, using a blend of English and Japanese jibberish, you can make a pretty tough password that you can still remember, but when you use the wrong Japanese translation, it can take a while to figure out. As you can see though, it worked eventually. I'll have to change that password now. If nothing else, that word'll kill me if I forget about it again.

Anyway, that's not what I was going to talk about. There's a lot to go through before I leave. Starting with Sunday: The lesson went just about as well as I could expect it to. Sister Shrimp's class is always talkative, but when you throw in two visitors and the younger class, it's uh... interesting. Not sure what I would've done without Riley there. He's good and getting people to quiet down. -nods- Anyway, so yeah, the lesson itself was okay. I didn't do all I was planning, but I got the basic idea down. Plus, I got some feedback from the Temple President story. I like it when people remember the story you're telling, so they already know a little about where you're hoping to go with it. It was a good story, too. So, we were doing Baptisms for the Dead a few weeks ago, and the Temple President told us something really interesting. With missionary work, you see a lot of cases where a family will be taught, but only one person will join the church. The Temple President explained that in the spirit world, entire families are praying constantly, hoping that just /one/ person will be converted, so their genealogy could be done and their ordinances performed. Pretty powerful stuff. So anyway, I used that to set home the importance of eagerly pursuing the work of by-proxy ordinances for those that have passed on, which was the topic of the lesson.

Yay!

SO.. Monday... School started, I mowed the lawn, cut back a tree, prepared a super amazing Family Home Evening lesson- complete with roadmap, and was excited about grilling pizzas!

The plan was simple. We'd make little pizzas, personalize them, and stick them on the grill plain and simple. Well, there's a lot to account for. Messiness of the toppings, sheer size of the pizza itself, and how lucky you feel while performing the operation. Over all, Anna's pizza turned out the best. You see, I told Joe to hold a rolled-out pizza, and he did, but then he said that he hadn't washed his hands since doing something with a dumpster. Anyway, I wasn't all that put off by it, so it got selected as Anna's pizza. I'd share, of course. -nods-

We learned though. Small, thin pizzas with not much on them. That's what works. I think. Maybe we should talk to Ruth and Tom. They actually know how to do it...

Anyway, good stuff.

On Tuesday, I went berserk on our front yard. I got rid of all the weeds that have grown back since I got sick, and attacked the trees again, sawing through a couple branches with a hacksaw (slow process). Then, after Mom and Joe got home, I pulled up two of the trees that were trying to grow next to the house, as well as a stump that once belonged to a holly bush. It was just in the way...

But anyway, that was awesome! I was going to blog about it, but that's when the computer made my life miserable. After a wonderful night's rest, though, the problem was a little easier to fix. Good stuff. So now I get to attack trees again. Or do schoolwork... Or write a letter to Andrew... Or do scoutwork. I should kind of do all of them...

Oi... I gotta go. Bye!

2 comments:

motherof8 said...

Love your enthusiasm, your self-direction, and all the good things you are getting accomplished. Also, your crazy stories, hugs, spiritality. Love you!

Sariah said...

I want you to come help me with my yard! I'm not joking! lol

I'm glad your lesson went well, even with the *interesting* class.

We had computer troubles today, so I sympathize, glad you're back up and running. :)