Wednesday, August 5, 2009

08/05/09 Fish

So, it's late, but I want to post this so I can use it in a letter to Andrew. Mainly, though, I need to get that letter sent by tomorrow, or it might not get sent. Or Friday... But we're leaving then, so I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, today was pretty neat. It started out with early morning weeding, followed by going with Debi and the Hinds to see The Tale of Despereaux. Miriam was going to come with us, but there were some slight complications. Ruth gets a call before the movie and leaves. I'm not sure what all details we had, but after the movie (I might talk about it later), we went to Ruth and Tom's. Apparently, Miriam's finger got caught in the door of her car. Pretty bad, too. Cuts and bruising on both sides. Some swelling... The people at 24 hour fitness were nice though. Ruth took her to the hospital later and things seemed a little better. While that was happening, Tom and I helped Debi install some ceiling fans. Simple, right? But when they're on slanted ceilings and one of the rooms is two stories, it gets complicated. Still, it all worked out, and they look /amazing/. Anyway, after that was finished, it was time for mutual. They brought me home, I ate some leftovers, and mom dropped me off for a fishing merit badge lesson night. Pretty cool, actually. I learned some knots, found out more about fishing, and got that much closer to getting everything settled. -nods- Good stuff.

So, I'm back home now. It's night. Night is good. I'll probably hit the sack soon, so I'll just leave a few quick comments. First, the Tale of Despereaux was not what I expected. I expected some simple, but entertaining kid movie, but it turned out to have a much more elaborate plot. Or, at least, it's characters were. Pretty nice story. Not sure why they chose soup though... I imagine it has to do with Ratatouille. They were both made around the same time, I think. And things like to copy each other. -shrugs- Anyhow, it was an interesting movie.

Fishing line= good for fishing, bad for knot tying. Luckily, I'm okay with knots, so it wasn't anything too difficult.

Oh, yeah, Debi let me drive to Ruth and Tom's. That was cool. Her car has good brakes. -Not needed though. I knew you were thinking that. They just respond well.

Yep. I'm starting to lose it. Sleep is calling, and I've got the mind to follow it. Tomorrow will be crazy. Camping prep., scouts, cooking, housework, and at the end of it all, Esther and Debi's B-day dinner.

Yay! Now... I'm going to sleep. I keep hitting , instead of m. That's one of my signs that I'm drifting. See ya tomorrow. Maybe. I might not post... Still, bye...

2 comments:

Sariah said...

We rented or borrowed that movie and I never got all the way through it - I kept falling asleep. lol But that might not have much to do with the movie and everything to do with me being tired whenever I sat down to watch it. ;)

debi said...

Thank you for your help with my fans, and yes they DO look amazing, don't they?? :)