Tuesday, August 4, 2009

08/04/09 My big mouth.

I just had to go and say it. "Calm after the storm," I said. "Things are quieting down," I said. Why'd I do that? Well... It isn't calm anymore. Today was supposed to be devoted to scouts. Hammer out Cit. in the Nation and get ready for World. But instead I spent part of the day juggling schedules, /while/ trying to do scoutwork. As it turns out, I do more than I thought. Monday was the reseting period so I could leap right back into action. Today was scouts, tomorrow will helping Debi with some ceiling fans and seeing a movie with the Hinds, Miriam, and Debi. This morning I thought it would be getting ready for going camping and visiting David and Teresa, then Sister Pena called and asked if I wanted to help do some yard work, then I found out that Debi emailed me yesterday about the ceiling fans. So, I rescheduled the yard work for next Tuesday, leaving Wednesday open again. After that, on Thursday, I've got to cook a Hawaiian pizza for the Fancy Nancy birthday party for Esther and Debi, as well as get some waffles and foil dinners ready for the camping trip. (The waffles are just because I like waffles...) Then on Friday, we head out for David and Teresa's. Oi... Busy week. Oh yeah, and Sister Shrimp is coming sometime to give me lesson materials so I can give a lesson in sunday school in two weeks. Oh, and I'm meeting with Brother McCord next Wednesday about scouts, so I want to get the Cits and Camping all set before then... Phew...

As for today though...

Today was actually pretty nice. It's sad to say, but I actually enjoy stress. It... motivates me? fascinates me? I dunno. Still, I got everything planned, weeded in the garden, mowed the lawn, picked some camping stuff out of the big camping boxes, filled out almost all of the Cit. in the Nation worksheet, got the requirements done for Cit. in the World done that I couldn't do on the way camping (Six hour car rides are working for me. XD), and even got in another experimental game of risk. Close quarters? I'll just say that the players will be smart enough not to go and attack each other right off the bat.

Oh, and I took my book back to the library. (Note: THE LIBRARY HAS SELF-CHECKOUT!!! IT'S SO AMAZING I FORGOT TO TE- -ahem- Enough with the caps... Anyway, I forgot to tell you. Repeatedly. Sorry 'bout that. It's cool though.)

Games By Email? Sounds neat! I'll have to look into that. ... Sometime? I suppose I could make room... But not yet. I need to wrap up Nation. And I think Mom and Joe want to get tacos or something for dinner... Plus, I need to write to Andrew- And I /really/ need to get those pictures...

Man, I'm pumped. I really shouldn't be, but this'll be pretty crazy. Crazy, stressful, testing of all mental fortitude I've got. (well... maybe not, but still.) This'll be fun... -grins-

So, yeah, I'm happy. Didn't get to work on the dining room project, but that was optional. I think I'll be able to get the essentials done, which is all that really matters.

Oh yeah, I gave the lesson in Family Home Evening last night. We're trying to get beyond just reading the Ensign and talking, so we're seeing how that goes. Ask Mom or Joe if you want to know how it went. All things I do seem like both triumphs and failures to me. At the same time, too. Funny how that works, but it keeps my spirits up.

I believe I'll have to leave it at this. My battlefield awaits! (By the way, I am not referring to Risk, although I would very much like to...) Ja mata!

No comments: