Saturday, June 4, 2011

06-04-11 Yosemite

So, I may wait on the play by play until I get a chance to go through all of the pictures and see if there are any I could use. For now though, let's just say that Yosemite is awesome. I've been there a few times now, and every time you can't help but be blown away. I got to see some different places this time though. Last time I went, we mostly went on the more known hikes. Half Dome, Yosemite Falls. We also got to go rafting down the Merced River and do a couple service projects. This time though, we got to see a lot more of the smaller, less exaggerated ones. One of my favorites was Bridalveil Falls. Lot's of mist, but really fun. (A couple decent climbing rocks too.) We also got the distinction of being able to say that we chopped down trees in a protected National Park in plain sight of a ranger and got away with it. Takes stealth. Anyway, some other highlights. Tunnel View and Glacier Point were both awesome, as were Yosemite and Vernal Falls. All in all, it was a pretty cool trip. And one of the nice things, we got to stay at a place not too far from the entrance of the park, thanks to Tom's parents letting us use their World Mark reservations. That made our stay /very/ comfortable. Anyway, I'll have more on this later, but for now I should get to bed.

No comments: