Thursday, May 19, 2011

05-19-11 Updates

So, since you already have a detailed and complete account of what life's been up to for the past year or so, I've decided to talk a little more about things that you're probably more interested in anyway.

First off, the staff.
Hubert has taken up a position in one of our outposts in Alaska. He said that it was primarily because the Monkeys were becoming too big of a hassle, but I hear the work load is a lot lighter with this new position. Anyway, he'll be connecting through Skype on occasion, but knowing him, it probably won't be very often. And of course, his fish went with him. Not sure how he'll do with the weather up there, but I heard something about a thermos, so he should be alright.

On the bright side, Hedgy is still here. After months of tracking, he finally managed to bring back the monkeys. A few of them had to be put in isolation to keep them from starting another uprising, but once we found out that the word 'banana' had the same pronunciation as an insult in another language, we were able to calm them down. After that we started working on the translators again. Aside from a few glitches now and then, they seem to work fine.

So, that's everyone. Right now we're mostly–

#o -squeak-

Eh? Oh, sure, put him on.
____
| .O/ .|
| /|__|

Hubert: Hey.

Muncher: You know, we were in the middle of a post here.

Hubert: -shrugs- So?

Muncher: Whatever. So is the fish okay? I wasn't really sure if that thermos idea was going to work.

Hubert: Yeah, he's fine. The thermos thing only worked for a couple of hours. Luckily though, they've got these cool aquarium climate controllers here. He's got a volcano in his fish tank now. It even has a night light.

Muncher: Happy to hear that. Anyway, I've got a post to get–

Hubert: So, did those gremlins break anything yet?

Muncher: You mean the monkeys? No, they're fine. It took a while to get them settled down, but the new translator seems to be helping. Just don't say banana. They still get a little riled up by that. But anyway, I've really got to get back to the blog post. People are staring.

Hubert: Kay. I'll send you a snowball later.
Hubert is offline.

So yeah... Where were we? It doesn't really matter; you guys get the idea. Hedge has been helping a lot in getting things back in order, but I think he's feeling a little overworked. Do you think I should get another hand to help out evenings and weekends? I'll talk to him about it later. For now, though, I've gotta run. See ya.

3 comments:

debi said...

I am so confused. LOL

motherof8 said...

I love my lips!

Glad to get news of the staff. I miss Hubert and the fish. Thank goodness for Skype. Don't overwork Hedgie. We don't want him to leave, too.

Andrew Robarts said...

I need to get some staff. It sounds like a lot of fun!