Tuesday, May 17, 2011

05-17-11 The REAL year in sixty seconds

Not really sixty seconds; I can't type that fast, but we'll see how fast this can go– okay start!

In 2010, I got to go running through the wilderness with a handcart and the most incredible adopted family I could ask for, fall in love with a hat, climb to the top of half dome and explore the wonders of Yosemite, race to finish planning my Eagle Project while simultaneously participating in our kitchen remodel, organize a group of over thirty people in constructing a deck, removing a concrete fire pit (not in that order), and otherwise remodeling an amphitheater at the Effie Yeaw Nature Center, one of the most awesome places on Earth, and tons of other stuff I couldn't even begin to mention.

Okay, now that you're caught up, I'm late in making breakfast.

In case you're wondering, the real running time was three minutes and forty-two seconds.

PS: And how could I forget? I also received the greatest calling I've ever had, where I get to help teach the eleven-year-old scouts of our troop. Don't forget that one.

2 comments:

Sariah said...

*whew!* That's a lot - but a lot of good stuff. I'm glad you're choosing to spend your time on such good things. These are experiences and times that you will remember and benefit from for the rest of your life. :)

motherof8 said...

What Sariah said!