Wednesday, December 17, 2008

01/12/09 You know, maybe I should get a rhythm back, 'cause this isn't gonna work...

So... Christmas came and went, New Years came and went, school's back, and I haven't said anything about it...

Christmas was nice. The exchange seemed like it had a good response. Sorry it took so long to post the pictures. (I'm still working on getting the family gathering pictures on photobucket.) Anyway, for the exchange, I drew Sariah as a store-bought, so I got her a snowman nativity that we found while visiting Applehill, and for a homemade gift, I made some jarred cookie mixes for Teresa. Now you know. (Sorry, I didn't take pictures of those.)

As for what I received, Ruth made me a decorated clipboard with tons of places for writing implements and such. Very awesome! And I just love the coloring of it. Very... Artsy? Is that a word? -shrugs- Is now. Now I just have to get over the fear of messing it up so I can actually use it. XD Anyway, here's a picture!

Now, I'm fairly certain this is from David, but it had both David's and Teresa's names on the package, so I could be wrong. So, for the store-bought exchange, I got a very awesome camping pack, which I can't wait to used on our next campout! First off, it's really light compared with the external frame pack I used to use, which is very good. Also, it has a place for a camel pack, detachable waistpack, rain cover, and lots of places to tie on gear.

Speaking of which, I should probably start packing for the overnighter this weekend. We're going on a snow trip!!! I loves ze snow! -nods vigorously-

But, before I do that, here's another picture:

Oh yes, I almost forgot. Mom and the boys all got Digital Cameras! Hence the pictures. Very awesome.

Hmm, that'll have to do for Christmas coverage, for now, at least. New years was alright. I think we played Monopoly.

Ooh! And Last Saturday Mom, Andrew, and I went to Natural Bridges state park! (again, I'm still working on the pictures thing...) Apparently, the monarch butterflies are around this time of year, so we got to see them. Then, we checked out the beach and explored a bit. Over all, it was a pretty nice adventure. We even got lost after being shanghaied into Sanfrancisco. Not for very long, though.

Other than that, I think we're pretty much caught up!

2 comments:

motherof8 said...

Thanks for posting! I missed you. Even though I see you every day at home, I love to read your posts.

Isn't it irksome how long it takes to load pictures! I think the computer is feeling its age.

I put a butterfly picture up on my blog. http://barbara-motherof8.blogspot.com/

Sariah said...

And the snowman nativity you gave me was PERFECT - I LOVE IT! :) Thank you!

Have fun on your campout - stay warm - or at least, warm enough. lol At least you'll have a super awesome hiking pack to take. ;)