Thursday, June 5, 2008

06/05/08 An Ode To My Departed Seminary

Yeah, I might not do that, but you never know...


This house is messy. Less messy than a few years ago, but it could still use some improvement. -glances at mountain- Not much more I can do on this front. I must pick a new target... I could just head west and see how it goes... On through the family room and into the dinning room... It'll be a challenge, but nothing drastic. A certain someone's storage garage might pose a problem, though. -pause- Nah, I'll just attack it too. It's not like it'll be going anywhere any time soon.

As you know, that-which-must-not-be-named is coming, which means that school is over. And so is seminary. It's sad, really. I just realized this morning that I can't keep a straight face in seminary. I've got this uncharacteristic smile that doesn't go away. It goes away once we start driving home, but up until we leave, it won't leave. There's something about seminary that's different from other classes, even Sunday classes. It might be that it's in the morning, it might be the teachers, but there's something I feel there that I /know/ is the spirit. When I look around, even thought some people are messing around, I see a world that's not so done for. People who will make the world a better place, despite the constant oppression that's bringing it down. And now that it's over, I'm going to miss it. I'm going to miss that feeling I get as soon as we say opening prayer. Tomorrow is the last day of our seminary class, but I hope seminary doesn't go away.


-looks up- Man, I am so deep. -nods-
So I'm thinking I should go. Bye, everybody!

1 comment:

Sariah said...

It won't be exactly the same, but you could try getting up early, saying a prayer, maybe singing a hymn, and then studying scriptures on your own for 30 minutes or so, close with another hymn and prayer. You can use seminary manuals as study guides or other scriptures study guides.

I'm glad you like seminary so much. :)