Friday, January 23, 2009

01/23/09 Psychologists and scribes

Hmm, I suppose to start off, I could talk about the reforming scout troop, which, under the care of Tom and Bro. Edwards, is becoming much more scout-like. Not sure how things'll turn out, but I'll enjoy seeing an actual troop again. -nods- So anyway, this Wednesday we had the initiation meeting. Progress report, election of new leaders, the whole nine yards. Plus a couple of the committee heads were there to talk a bit. So yeah, should be good. The Deacon's quorum president is still the SPL, despite how I may feel about it. Hopefully, they'll grow into it, but in general, I don't see how the youngest batch is going to be able to take charge. Luckily, we broke one tradition. Riley is ASPL, rather than the Deacon's quorum first councilor, so he should be able to help out in that regards. I'm actually seeing how this might be a good set up. Young person learns how to lead, older scout helps out. It has some merit.

I guess I'm not surprised that I ended up being the Scribe. My first position, and probably my favorite. SPL was nice, but it had a heck of a work load. Now I can sit back, resume my note-taking craze, and report back every now and then, otherwise content to let them run things. Or... sit back, work on personal advancement, and then let them run things. Something like that.

Secondly, this semester I start Psychology, the long awaited and much anticipated subject. ^^
So far, I /really/ like it. Good book structure, good material, and a topic which I find extremely fascinating. I'm happy. Whether or not this becomes a possible career path, I think I'll like this subject. Who knows, I might like it even more than literature. XD

Dang, talking about myself gets boring... -glances at title- Plus, I'm out of material.

I suppose I should do some schoolwork. It's kind of getting late. -shrugs- Oh well, I'll see you guys later.

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Ryan sometimes thinks he would have enjoyed going into psychology. Have fun learning about it. :)