Sunday, July 31, 2011

07-31-11 Life continues

Not quite sure where to begin, so I'll start with the most recent news. Yesterday, I went to see HP7.2 (Man, movies are getting more and more complex with their names, aren't they?). I thought they did a good job. Snape's scenes were amazing, but I also liked the part with the statues. I always thought they were cool.

But that wasn't the best part about yesterday; yesterday I got to see my niece get Baptized! It always surprises you to see how quickly they grow up until you realize just how much time has really gone by. People don't lie when they say time goes faster as you get older. I always thought as a kid that it was a myth. It was awesome to see though, and you could tell she was more than ready for it.

Going back a bit further, we have a new YM president, so that'll be pretty exciting, although I've been spending more and more time with the eleven-year-old scouts, so I'm not sure how much I'll get to see in person. Speaking of the scouts though, I've got to be the luckiest guy on the planet. What are the odds that I'd have a group of guys as interested in pioneering as I am? We've even started working on the merit badge in between rank advancement work. That reminds me, I've got to work on organizing that. We're hoping to have a few older scouts join us when we start our pioneering projects. I think the guys would get a kick out of that.

Anyway, I've got to finish getting ready for church. Outside of what I've already mentioned, mostly I'm working on the job search and seeing what else needs to be done before school starts in the fall. Fun stuff, right?

Oh, and I found out that you can download the hymns on the church website– with or without the words! Very nice. There are a few that have some copyright restrictions, so they couldn't be recorded, but most of them are still there. I've been trying to become more acquainted with the slightly less known ones. Good pick-me-up on the rough days, you know?

Anyway, I've got to run. Have a good one!

No comments: