Monday, November 9, 2009

11/09/09 First Blooms

The first blooms are coming out of those... whatever they are in the garden! Ever since I went berserker mode on the front yard, I didn't expect anything to survive. Oddly enough, though, the bulbs that we planted a few years ago have been fairing even better than the weeds. And at first I didn't discriminate between friend or foe either. Tough little flowers. And I think there are more of them than we planted, which I suppose makes sense. Anyway, I saw this year's first bloom today. ^^As you can see, there are quite a few of the little guys...

So, I probably wouldn't ever describe myself as a green thumb, but I might pass off as a brown thumb (if such a thing existed). After all, have you ever met a boy who hasn't enjoyed playing with dirt every now and then?

5 comments:

debi said...

The first picture at least looks like they are daffodils?

Hm.. so what would it take to get some manual labor done on my yard?

Teresa said...

Congratulations, Ben-brown-thumb!

Sariah said...

Your hard work is paying off - they look great! Good job, Ben!

debi said...

Hey Ben don't ignore my question!!!!!!!

Ben Robarts said...

Well, you know I'd be happy to come over and help out. ^^ The only annoying restriction is finding time to do it, you know? Especially now with Christmas coming up... When exactly did you have in mind?